Thursday, August 16, 2012

NEGEV (Updated)

August 10, 2011

Hi guys.. I just found out about new restaurant that opened on 27 Sept 2011 (if I'm not wrong).. This is same company with The Harvest (cake shop).. What interesting in Negev is their interior design.. Very unique.. I read in their website this is inspired by artisanal design.. and the picture of their signature desserts make me wanna try to eat in here..



 
Do you see.. the wall behind the bar?? there are some sculpture and carvings which is very unique and nice... :D

They put some painting in the ceiling


There is a big tree in the middle of the restaurant.. (I don't know that is a real tree or just some sculpture)


 The Menu

 Welcome Bread

The second welcome bread.. The server asked us that did we wanna some more bread while waiting for our food to come out.. And we said yes... hehe.. :p

Happy Kiwi (30k), the concoction are kiwi, simple syrup, plain yoghurt, and pulp of passion fruit.. The taste really refreshening.. I like it.. The taste also a bit sour...

Rib Eye (250 gr - 180k), all the grill served with baked corn potatoes and sun dried tomatoes, so there is no choices for side dish like usual steak or grill food.. But you still can choose what sauce do you like.. There are 6 kind of sauces.. Mushroom jus, honey balsamic jus, thyme jus, pepper corn, BBQ sauce, and bernaise sauce.. and my dad choose mushroom jus.. The taste?? Yummy.. Even we ordered well done, but still the meat still tender and juicy.. The mushroom sauce also taste good.. :D

Beef Ragout, mixed pepper, sausages and jalapenos (90k), personally I don't really like the taste of the pizza.. It's good, but standard.. But my mom said that she like it.. Even she said that pizza in Sopra still more good than this.. hehe..

Molten Chocolate Cake (50k), this is chocolate shooter, molten choco cake, and caramelized orange marmalade ice cream.. The taste?? We start from choco shooter.. Choco shooter like iced chocolate but more thick, but the taste is good.. Then the ice cream.. The taste of the ice cream really unique.. Can taste  the orange flavor, and below the ice cream have something crunchy, and that make the ice cream taste more delicious...

Next is the molten choco cake.. This molten cake very yummy... really delicious, the cake very soft and warm, and the choco in the center melted perfectly when I cut it... =9 Yumm.. yumm.. now im craving for this.. >.<

Chilled Chocolate Parfait (55k), this is crunchy bits of almond nougatine, refreshing mint and greens with mango malibu rum soup.. Hmm.. Now I'm thinking.. They said in the menu that orange liquid is mango malibu rum soup.. But I just taste the mango flavor only.. Can't taste the malibu (coconut) and the rum.. but the taste is good.hehe.. And for the cake... (see below) ^^

It's YUMMYYYYY... Pleasure sinful... There are a choco sponge as the base and choco mousse.. On the top is whipped cream and mint leaf... overall the taste very lovely, melted in the mouth.. The mousse very smooth.. The taste also not too sweet.. And the crunchy bits almond make it more perfect.... Very lovely dessert.. =9

 Strawberry Fresh Juice (35k)

 Margarita Smoothies 

Margarita Smoothies (85k), this is their mixology drink.. you can choose the flavor you like.. There are strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, mango & peach, orange & lemon.. Firstly I choose the mango & peach.. But out of stock.. then I choose blackberry, out of stock again.. Then I choose raspberry.. When the drink came out, I'm a bit confused.. My drink looks like the normal raspberry/strawberry margarita and the taste also similar.. I don't know which part make it different from the normal cocktail.. (a bit dissapointed).. Then the F&B manager said the things make this drink called mixology because they use raspberry sorbet, double shot of the liquer, etc.. But for me (amateur person) still can't find the different in the taste.. hehe.. *pardon me.. >.<

Overall.. I'm very enjoyed eating the dessert in here.. so next time I will come back again.. I wanna try the other signature dessert.. yumm.. yumm.... (mouthwatering) :p
Happy trying guys...

(July 25, 2012)


 Peach Ice Tea (25k), I like the ice tea, but after I add more simple syrup.. :)

Negev Ice Tea (30k), my friend says this is like normal ice tea.. haha.. they garnish with mint and orange slice.. hahahaha..

 Cold Teh Tarik (25k), my friend says this teh tarik too much milk..

 Seafood Fritters (95k)

 Oxtail Soup (110k), this is served with rice

 Linguin Seafood (90k)

 Seafood Risotto (120k) - the portion too small

 Spaghetti Tuna (90k)

 Carbonara Fettucini (80k)

 Beef Ravioli (80k)

 Negev Club (90k)
Negev club: sunflower flexi seed date bread with chicken mayo, parmesan cheese, avocado, eggs, tomato, bacon (in menu written with bacon, but in fact is smoked beef)..
This negev club taste okay,, the bread taste good... I like it... And this sandwich really make me full... :D

..UPDATED.. (August 16, 2012)


Mango Ice Tea (25k), taste okay, but peach ice tea taste better..


 Sticky Toffee Pudding (55k)

this is toffee pudding with butter scotch sauce, vanilla cream, and sugar snap cookie.. I like this toffee pudding.. the pudding so soft, yummy, and still warm.. the butter scotch sauce really taste good...

Hot Exotic Coconut Souffle (60k), this is coconut souffle with passion fruit sorbet, vanilla ice cream, and fresh pineapple and strawberry.. The souffle very soft and smooth... can really taste the coconut.. yummy.. the ice cream just okay..

all price exclude tax 10% and service 8%.. :)

Negev
City Plaza 
Ground Floor
Jl. Jendral Gatot Subroto no. 42
Jakarta
Ph. (021) 52971333

No comments:

Post a Comment