Homemade Buttermilk Pancake
Ingredients: (8-10 pcs)
- 400 ml fresh milk
- 2 tbsp lime juice (can subtitute with white vinegar / apple cider / cuka)
- 250 gr medium flour (segitiga biru)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs yolk
- 3 eggs white
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 30 gr sugar
- 50 gr unsalted butter (melted)
How to make:
1. Make buttermilk (mix milk and lime juice, stir it then rest it around 15 minutes)
2. Sieve the flour, salt, baking powder, then put sugar (put aside)
3. Beat the egg yolks with mixer till the color turn pale, then put the buttermilk mixture and baking soda in the egg yolk mixture. Stir it well.
4. Put the flour mixture, then stir it well till not too many lumps (put aside)
5. Beat the egg whites till soft peak, the put to the batter, mix it well.
6. Add the melted butter, stir it until mixed well. Rest the batter around 30 minutes.
This is the batter
7. Heat the Teflon (non-stick plan) with low heat, then pour the batter (around 1/2 - 1 scoop or laddle)
8. Wait until bubbles appear in the surface. (like the picture below)
9. Then flip it over with spatula, and cooked until the color turn brown (golden brown). Then put it in the plate.
10. You can serve it with chocolate sauce and whipped cream or just with butter and maple syrup.
This time I serve with chocolate sauce and honey vanilla whipped cream..
For Chocolate Sauce : Just boiled 250 ml whipped cream (anchor/elle vire) then pour into 100 gr dark chocolate (conveture), mix it with whisk till it blend well. Then put aside.
For the Vanilla Honey Whipped Cream : Just whisk 300 ml whipped cream until soft peak, then put 1-2 tsp vanilla essence and 5-8 tbsp honey (depend on your taste), the mixed it well.
Happy trying.. :)